Friday, December 16, 2011

Going From Being the Hunted to the Hunter


Two posts in one week? Yeah, that's right. Blogo Craig is here to stay. May we all rejoice together in one collective yip. On three, my friends. One. Two. Three... Yip. Nicely done, people. Nicely done.

Well, tonight I took the last final that I will ever have to take as an undergraduate student at BYU. It was hellish getting to this point, but it's over. I now go from the educated to the educator, as I turn my attention to my student teaching this upcoming winter. I wish I could say that I was more excited. Maybe once I get into the school, my passion will increase. I'm sure it's just that I am emotionally, physically, and mentally drained right now. Today and this last couple of weeks has been a tad draining. I suppose once I get a few winks under my belt, I'll feel a bit better.

I had a revelation today, and yes I'm going to share it. My revelation deals with the airports of our lives. "What speakest thou, dear Craig," some may ask? I will tell you. Airports in general usually represent exciting things: traveling, family gatherings, returned missionaries, bodily pat downs. You know, all the good things that life has to offer. But today I realized how two-edged the airport can be. One moment you're basking in the light of a fine airplane right to gather with the ones you love, and the next moment the pangs of loneliness rage in your bosom as you say goodbye to the person that you love. "Oh, you'll see her soon enough," you try to tell yourself. But the sadness still persists. Needless to say, the 28th can't come soon enough! Come on calendar, be a pal.

And you can all thank me for not putting this on Facebook, because can't we all agree that declarations such as this should be a little more intimate? I thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment