Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Last Good Picture?


A few years ago, I had a conversation with a good friend of mine who told me that he felt like he was getting better with age. And by better he meant that his looks were getting better as he got older. I hadn't known the man for that long, but he did have a rugged quality about him that made me say, "Yeah, I can see what the ladies see in you."

I pondered over that conversation today, due to an experience I had just yesterday. You see, good ole BYU emailed me a few weeks back and told me that my ID card had expired and that I needed to come in and renew it. At first I wasn't too upset about this, but then I remembered how much I liked my picture on my recently expired card. It was a good year for me when it came to taking pictures, and I didn't want to ruin a good thing. Well, yesterday came around and I was looking pretty fine. I mean, I hate boasting, but the hair was good.. my face looked solid.. and I just felt like this would be a good time to get a new picture for the ID card. So, with that confidence brewing deep within, I went to the ID center and took a new picture. A few minutes later, my card was produced and handed to me. What I then saw was both shocking and saddening. "What is that thing?" I exclaimed. As I studied the card in great length, I literally saw one of the worst picture's of me that I have seen in a long time. It was simply hideous. I looked pale, creepy, and completely sickening. It then got me thinking.. "When is the last time that I've taken a good photo?" I simply couldn't remember. So I shuffled through my old pictures and found a very dashing one that was taken back in March. Seven months without a good picture!! That's right, people. Seven months.

The purpose of this post? While my friend is getting better with age, I am getting worse with age. Or at least my pictures are getting worse with age. I need to start practicing my smile in the mirror (like my brother does). I mean, we mock my brother for his practicing, but perhaps it's time for me to start. I really feel like this is something that I have to get figured out soon, because this is getting downright embarrassing and ridiculous.

(Attached is my last good picture. If you feel that the attached picture is not very appealing, then things are worse off than I thought)

3 comments:

  1. It's a good last picture. The ball looks especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It compensates for what I am lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig. I am begging. PLEASE do not practice your smile like Eric. It is unnatural. You know my feelings on this. Oh, and LOVE that you are blogging.

    ReplyDelete